My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Not So Good Read-A-Thon   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday Delight: Not So Good Read-A-Thon

Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone!
OK!  So yesterday was the BIG Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon and of course I joined signed up.  This year the read-a-thon looked to be BIG and better than ever with the launch of the new website and a few new and improved sections.  I was so excited about it and I had my three books lined up.  One audiobook to listen to while I had to do things like drive, cook, clean and just for moving about the house; along with two unfinished books cluttering my nightstand.  Well, scheduled events, a headache and a sleepless night before all mixed together to create the perfect storm of not reading much.  I think the book I wanted to really finish was not interesting enough to keep me awake either.  Well, anyway as read-a-thons go this one was a NO GO for me!  Here is my not so interesting End of the Read-a-thon Meme answers.

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?  ALL!  Lol!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?  Pass on this one because I think it all depends on the readers taste in books.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?  One thing came up for me.  I have a few non-blogger friends who I talked into joining this year and they had a hard time understanding the linky thing.  I think you amazing organizers should but in a post or two for non bloggers only.  How to for Facebook users.  How to for Twitter users.  A step by step for the mom's and grandma's that are not that Internet savvy would be outstanding. 
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?  I loved everything this year.
  5. How many books did you read? Half of one and a few chapters of another.
  6. What were the names of the books you read? This Bitter Earth by Bernice Mc Fadden and Wrapped in Rainbows by Valerie Boyd.
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? This Bitter Earth
  8. Which did you enjoy least? Wrapped in Rainbows
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will be there next time and always!!  I love being an Angel and I will do again and again.

    Like I said nothing interesting. LOL! Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment