My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thrusday: Literary Tropes   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thoughtful Thrusday: Literary Tropes

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started this meme to get a book blogger thoughts on a few bookish things.  You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! And stop by Pam's blog to see her new and cute blog design.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

  Thoughtful Thursday Question

What are some of your favorite literary tropes?

My Answer

Some of my favorites. Hmm...Let's see.

In romance, I like Interracial and Mix Faith relationships.
Why?
Because I like seeing a couple falling in love with each other despite their families stereotypes of "those people".
In YA, I love the Cinderella theme. 
Why?
There is something so cool to see a person struggling and working hard finally get a big break and makes it.

 I love reading about a character on a journey of discovery.
Why?
I am an adventurer at heart.

Some Literary Tropes I don't like hate.

In YA books, the young girl in the mist of a love triangle.
Why?
Who has that experience to relate to?  Because when I was a teen girl that situation would get you a bad reputation.

In YA and NA books, the absent parents.
Why?
For me I am 41 years old woman and I still have dinner with my mom and dad...and we talk.  No REALLY!!! Why is it so bad to have parents?  This must go back to the early Disney days.  
 
What are some of your favorite Literary Tropes?

No comments:

Post a Comment