My Little Pocketbooks: TGIF #23 ~Author's Are Rock Stars~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, June 22, 2012

TGIF #23 ~Author's Are Rock Stars~

I decided to join a weekly meme called TGIF.  I kept seeing the button on top of so many sites, so I wanted to join in too.
This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts and to answer the proposed question from Ginger at GReads.  Check her out and join in the fun!
 This Friday's Question
Authors Are Our Celebrities: Have you ever contacted an author you admired? How did that experience go?  If not, which author would you love to have a chat with?
 My Answer
I have had a few small rock star moments with authors.  First, I received a book form Alexis and Reflections of a Bookaholic called Tennie by Christopher Grant.  When I posted that I received the book he left a comment on my blog.  I started reading the book during Dewey's Read A Thon and he commented there too!  I was so thrilled!  Really over the top.  We have emailed and tweeted back and forth a few times and I am hoping to get an interview with him. 
Next, was just a quick book signing at the LA Book Fair with my all time favorite author...Anne Rice.  Due to the long line of people I was not able to say anything to her but "Thank you" in a whisper.  I think it was a mix of nervousness too!  I think I have posted this a bunch of times too!  I MEET ANNE RICE!!  Ok I'm done!  LOL! 
Who are some of the rock star authors that you have meet?

Weekly Recap

No comments:

Post a Comment