My Little Pocketbooks: TGIF #22 ~Most Valuable Book~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF #22 ~Most Valuable Book~

I decided to join a weekly meme called TGIF.  I kept seeing the button on top of so many sites, so I wanted to join in too.
This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts and to answer the proposed question from Ginger at GReads.  Check her out and join in the fun!
 This Friday's Question
Most Valuable Book: From your personal collection of books, which ones hold the most value to you - is it signed by the author? or maybe it's your favorite story of all time? Share it with us.

 My Answer
I have a few books that I consider my favorites.  So here are two of them but not in any particular order cause I love them all for different reasons.
The Little Prince 
I have had this book for as long as I can remember.  My mom says this book was always with me.  I took it to the store, in the car, to school, everywhere.  It is torn and tattered and there are pages with colored with crayons.  This book currently lives at my mom's house but when I see it there is a familiar feeling that sweeps over me.  Like seeing a friend that you didn't know you missed until you saw their face. 
My Bible  
When I graduated from high school my church gave me a Bible.  I think this was my first grown up Bible that was mine.  Not the free ones you get from hotels.  Not the one in the pews for use during the service.  Not the kid Bible with pictures, but a King James soft cover Bible.  I think that is the one book that is used and abused.  The pages are falling out and the spine is trying it's best to hold itself together.  I have been trying to find a replacement but there is something about this one that no other can compare to.  I have received several Bibles from family and friends since then but I have no idea where they are.  I even downloaded the Bible app onto my iphone.  But I always seem to go back to the tattered Bible.  
And it's the best story of all time!
What are some of your most valuable books? 

Weekly Recap

No comments:

Post a Comment