My Little Pocketbooks: Dewey's Read A Thon: Hour 5-8   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dewey's Read A Thon: Hour 5-8

It's now 9:06am and I am in the 5th hour of the Read A Thon.  So far here is my progress.
Challenges Completed: 5 out 5
Pages Read: 18 pages of Love in the time of Cholera
10 Pages of An Old Song for Wrong Women (Complete)
4 pages of Teenie
Snacks: 1 banana, 1/2 bag of trail mix, Jasmine Green Tea with honey and 1/4 of my Gallon of water.  On to the Greek yogurt.
I know that sounds lame but I took a shower and have been posting to two blogs.

Hour 5: Mini Challenge- Book Sentence
hosted by:  On the Wings of Books
For this challenge you will use book titles to form a complete sentence, and then take a picture of your sentence and post it to your blog, facebook or twitter account and then come back and fill out the linky with your link.  
Here is my book sentence ~
"Teenie, the wind done gone along way from home on fifth avenue."

Hour 6: Mini Challenge~ Book Appetite!
hosted by: Book Journey
Take one of the books you are reading today.  Now lets pretend that you are going to have a book discussion with friends regarding that book.  They are all coming over to your house and you are providing food and beverage to go with said book.  That’s right, your challenge is to share with me here:
1.  Title and author of the book
2.  The menu:  the food, the beverage (if you want you can go as far plan background music, decor, whatever.  :D )
Book: Love in the Time of Cholera
Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Menu:  This is funny because the book club meeting scheduled for the first Saturday in May is a Spanish Potluck them based off of this book.  Since this book is about a Spanish family living in the Caribbean I would have to say Empandas, Peas and Rice, Plantains, Sangria, and Rum cake.  Yummy!!  That sounds like a great meal right there.  Much better than the trail mix I am eating now.  LOL!


Hour 7: Find a Poem Mini Challenge
hosted by: The Hungry Readers
Find a Poem!
Based on whatever reading you're currently enjoying, jot down some favorite phrases and words and create a found poem.  You are welcome to change tenses, add or drop words and mix up the order of the words or phrases.
Let us know which book or text your found poem originated from.
I am not a poet but here goes nothing.  LOL!  I figure format counts for something.  
 Book: Teenie by Christopher Grant
My braids are tight
The texture of my hair is so weird
A mixture of nationalities
I'll be lucky if these braids last all day
Whenever I look in the mirror
I can see the traces of my ancestors
My bronze complexion
My full lips
My straight narrow nose
My green eyes
I look so...different and mixed up.

Hour 8:  Book Staging Mini Challenge
hosted by:  Midnight Book Girl
Description:  You know how real estate agents will stage an apartment to attract potential buyers?  Well, that's what you're going to do to a book!

Rules:  Take a picture of a book you're reading today, or any book you have lying around.  In the picture you should have the book in a setting, or surrounded by items, that represent the book.  It can mimic the cover, or represent characters/events/etc from the story.  Basically, make us want to read the book based on picture alone.
Book: Tennie by Christopher Grant
Items:  The book, a "Brooklyn" t-shirt (Since the book takes place in Brooklyn), colorful pens (they remind me of high school and the characters are high school freshmen), fruity gum (that was and still is a childhood favorite)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment