My Little Pocketbooks: TGIF #1 ~ Recommend It ~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, January 20, 2012

TGIF #1 ~ Recommend It ~

I decided to join a weekly meme called TGIF.  I kept seeing the button on top on so many sites, so I wanted to join in too.  
This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts and to answer the proposed question from Ginger at GReads.
Check her out and join in the fun!
This Friday's Question
Recommend It: Which book from the last 10 you've read would you recommend to a friend?

My Answer
It took me a minute to think of the last ten books I read.  That is why I wanted to start a blog about the books I read.  That way I can keep track.  So here is the list of the last ten books...I think!  In no particular order.

The Perfect Christmas
Be Careful What You Pray For
The Strawberry Letter
Sparks Fly 
The Devil In White City
The Monsters of Templeton
Little Bee
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
The Help
The Shack

Out of that list the one that I would recommend would be...this is hard because I loved more than one.  I would have to pick...arrghh.  It would be a tie between The Shack and The Help with Devil in White City Coming in a close second.

The Shack is a great book that make you wonder while and after you read it if these events really happened.  And what if they did?  Wouldn't that be amazing?  That book left me feeling uplifted, disturbed, and warm and fuzzy all at the same time. Just trying to read about a man experiencing such a huge emotional and spiritual roller coaster was interesting beyond words.


The Help was been read and watched by everyone and I think we all can agree it was a wonderful read.  The book brought to light the mistreatment of the Black housekeepers of White families.  These women raised the children to be loving and kind only to be kicked out and mistreated by the same family they held together.  All the while leaving their children at home...alone!  This book was a funny tear-jerker! 


From your last 10 reads, what book would you recommend to a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment