My Little Pocketbooks: Reading Challenge 2012...   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, January 6, 2012

Reading Challenge 2012...

     Since I am starting a new blog and I have the book club books to read it has been really hard to find a reading challenge.  I really want to do one and finally I found the perfect one for me.  I have a ton of books on my bookshelf just sitting there looking at me day in and day out waiting for me.  So what better reading challenge then The Dusty Bookshelf Challenge 2012.  Jessica at Books: A True Story is hosting this challenge and it's like she was reading my mind.

     
     I have over 20 books on my bookshelf and that does not include books I won and the few books for review.  Most of them came from 2 Borders book stores when they closed their doors last year.  I was happy sad!  Happy to get soo many books for soo cheap but so sad another bookstore was closing. 

     Here is my list of books in no particular order and in a small font to get it all in.

Song Yet Sung by James McBride (currently reading)
Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris (I got this book from a book swap last year)
Abigail by Jill Eileen Smith (I bought this one last year from a warehouse book store that was closing)
Women Food and God by Geneen Roth (This was a birthday gift from my close friend 2 years ago)
Viola in the Spotlight by Adriana Trigiani (I bought this last year at Borders)
Healer by Carol Cassella (I bought this last year at Borders)
The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini (I bought this last year at Border)
The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff (I got this book from a book swap last year)
The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon (I bought this last year at Border)
Getting to Happy by Terry McMillan (I bought this last year at Border)
The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl (I bought way before anyone new Borders was closing)
Bridge of Sand by Jane Burroway (I bought this last year at Border)
One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell (I bought this last year at Border)
The Secret Lives of Dresses (I bought this last year at Border)
Bo's Cafe by John Lynch, Bill Thrall and Bruce McNicol (I bought this last year at Border)
The Personal History of Rachel Dupree by Ann Weisgarber (I bought this last year at Border)
Open House by Elizabeth Berg (I bought this last year at Border)
The Moments, the minutes, the hours by Jill Scott (I bought this in 2005 when it came out)
Christ the Lord by Anne Rice (I bought this last year at Border)
The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan (I bought about 8 months ago at Barnes and Nobles)
Good Faith by Jane Smiley (I bought this last year at Border)
Angelology by Danielle Trussoni (I bought this last year at Border) 
Super Sad True Love Story by Gary Shteyngart (I bought this last year at Border)

     I don't think I will get all 23 + books so my goal for this challenge is to read 10 or more of them. Here are the levels of this challenge.
~Pixie Dust – Read 0-5 books
~Dust Bunny – Read 5-10 books
~Cobwebs – Read 10-15 books
~Grungy – Read 20+ books

      I think I will aim for the "Cobweb" level. I think if I aim for one book a month then I will knock it out in time. If I find another challenge that I can cross some of these books with then I will try that one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment