My Little Pocketbooks: The Artist (Movie)   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Artist (Movie)

I just saw this movie last night.  I know this is a blog about books and purses (I am going to start that soon) but I just had to let you know ...



I loved this movie!

There are so many movies out there about the same thing with the same story lines you could write one with out ever knowing anything about the movie business.  Really what is the difference between the top box office action movies and the top box office movie from five years ago.  NADA!!!!

The Artist is about Hollywood in 1927: As silent movie star George Valentin (Jean Dujardin) wonders if the arrival of talking pictures will cause him to fade into oblivion, he sparks with Peppy Miller (Bérénice Bejo), a young dancer set for a big break.

The movie is first so visually fun and amazing.  From the costumes (the flapper dresses, hats, gloves, coats and suits) to the mansions of California's hay day to the cars and their drives.  Everything was so rich and full of depth even in black and white.  The movie is a silent film and very funny!  I thought going in, I was going to see a boring documentary about silent films or a boring silent movie that would put me to sleep.  I was wrong on soo many levels!!  I love it and highly recommend anyone in love with the glamor of old Hollywood and the love of making movies.

Photobucket 
Movie Title: The Artist (2011)

Rated: PG-13 
Length:  100 minutes
Genre:  Romantic Comedy 
Country:  France | Belgium
 Language:  English
Writer:  Michel Hazanavicius (scenario and dialogue) 


No comments:

Post a Comment