My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Fifty Shades Freed   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Review: Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed
Author: E.L. James 
Genre: Erotica
Publisher:   Random House Audio
Release Date: April 17, 2012
Audiobook:  21 hrs and 4 mins 
Narrator:  Becca Battoe
Source: Free from the E-library
http://amzn.to/1ZJvLLu

Book Description

When unworldly student Anastasia Steele first encountered the driven and dazzling young entrepreneur Christian Grey it sparked a sensual affair that changed both of their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and, ultimately, repelled by Christian’s singular erotic tastes, Ana demands a deeper commitment. Determined to keep her, Christian agrees.
Now, Ana and Christian have it all—love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her Fifty Shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian’s opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own identity. And Christian must overcome his compulsion to control as he wrestles with the demons of a tormented past.
Just when it seems that their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to make Ana’s deepest fears turn to reality.
This book is intended for mature audiences. 

Review

Ok! Let me start off my saying two things.  One, no spoilers here.  Promise.  Two, I only listen to the audiobook because I wanted to complete a few million series I started awhile ago.  This one included. So no I was not happy this audiobook was not any better than the others.  Some folks like this book the best and I can see why.  Because something interesting actually happens.  But that was more or less in the background of the same old stuff form book one and two. Why are there more than one book in the first place?  This could have been one big book with book 2 shorten.  This was just a big money ploy on the author and publishers part; and yes I fell for it too.  DANG! 
There is tons of sex and a lot less whining from Anna.  Whew! I had had it up to here *hand over my head*with all her whining and wondering if Christan was mad.  Who cares?!!?
This book was a pass for me but the narrator did a good job.  In fact the two stars are for her mostly.

Reviews by Other Bloggers

Recommendations

I recommend this book to adults only.  There is a ton of sex and graphic language.

 Challenges

This book is number 22 in my Audiobook Reading Challenge
This book is number 37 in my Goodreads Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment