My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Moving Ahead   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Delight: Moving Ahead

Happy Sunday Everyone!
How was your week?  Did you get a few/a lot of things done? Get any reading done?
This week was really productive for me.  I have been focusing on getting a few post pre-scheduled and I am aiming to have the rest of this month done today.  I want to start on March on Monday.  My goal is to always have 15-20 post scheduled. So when one gets published then I have to add one more to the stack.   Right now I am nowhere near that number yet.  I did notice that I have a few post I can't do until a day or two before.  Like this one because they are based off of my week and the things that I am actually doing.  So these post don't count.  I am going to have them drafted up at least. 
Other cool news
I hosted my first video chat with an author.  Yes!  Ms. V.E. Schwab author of the book Vicious chatted with the book club ladies on Saturday and it was soo much fun.   We talked about Vicious and her new book A Darker Shade of Magic.  I love finding out the thoughts behind the books.

Well here is my week in bookish stuff

Here and Now

Time: 9:51 am
Drinking: Green tea with lemon and honey
Eating: Nothing
 Listening To: Brand New Heavies Radio on Pandora
Watching: Nothing

  Fitness Goal

Starting Weight: 211lbs (12/8/14)
Current Weight: 204
Days Worked Out: 4

My Bookish Stuff

 Reading: Your Blues Ain't Like Mine by Bebe Moore Campbell
 Listening To: The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness (still)
 Next Read: How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
Up Coming Review: March Book One

My Favorite Blog Post from Me

Favorite Book Blogging Events and Links

Here are a few things I ran across this week from other book bloggers and just around the blogiverse.  Click on the buttons to check out the events as well.

Book Riot has done it again!! I love them. They have recast some great movies but added much more diversity and gender swapped too.  Check it out and Hollywood get into it please!  

The Readers Room did a post I thought was really interesting call 10 Contemporary Authors Redefining Black Literature.  And you know what??  I would love to see at least half of them at BE15.  Oh man! I feel a Rant Post coming on!!!

I totally missed participating in National African American Read In this year.  I will be better planned next year but I wanted to let you all know about it.  I first hear about it from V @1330v because she was hosting a read in on her blog.  Click the button below to go the site. 
http://www.ncte.org/aari

 Publisher Weekly Posted Diversity: One Thing You Can Do Now.  Nice to see so many Diversity post going up.  Oh what?! It's Black History Month.  Nevermind!

Speaking of Black History Month...The Brown Bookshelf is doing a post a day spotlighting a Black author and their books.  I love seeing the diversity in children books. 
Sign Up Are Open 
http://fantasyismorefun.com/next-series-read-thon
 Coming Up Soon
http://nrcbooks.blogspot.com/

Write On Review-a-Thon 

What interesting bookish things and post have you run across this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment