My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Need a Week   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday Delight: Need a Week

Happy Sunday everyone!
This week has been a bit busy and I have been making a real effort to get back on my regular blogging schedule.  It's hard when you have been off for a bit!  As of right now I have 4 book reviews to do with 1 of them in draft form, and 4 DNF I want to get back to and finish.  One day!  I need a week of sleep and a week of reading to get myself caught up.  Oh and a week of writing reviews and blog post too!  So...like a month off from EVERYTHING else!
One thing I have started is a book spreadsheet.  More about that later but I just want to say...I love it!

Here and Now

Time: 11:59 am
Drinking: water
Eating: Marie Callendar's Cornbread with honey butter.  YUMMY!
 Listening To: Joss Stone Radio on Pandora.com
Watching: Nothing really!

My Bookish Stuff

Reading: Aloha Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini
Listening To: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Next Read: Zora and Me by Victoria Bond and T.R. Simon
Up Coming Review: Happy Wives Club by Fawn Weaver

My Favorite Blog Post from Me

2014 Half Year Reading Challenge Stats
Diversity on the Shelf: Approved Books pt. 6
July 2014 Reading Queue

Favorite Book Blogging Events and Links

I saw this new reading group on +Goodreads  called Summer of "50" Read-a-long. From the group page...
This summer (2014) will be the summer of read-a-longs! I don't know about you, but I'm incredibly embarrassed by the amount of un-read books that I own on my shelves. So to help decrease it, I'm hosting a BUNCH of read-a-longs starting May 16th up until the weekend before August 25th!

Hope you guys can join and hope you have fun! 
Did you see this article from List Challenge BBC Believes You Only Read 6 of These Books.  I am happy to say that I have read more than 6 of them.  But there are a ton of them on my TBR list. 
This is an old one but I just ran across it.  Zoe @ Just English posted Free books: 100 legal sites to download literature 
Jessica @ Books a True Story posted a great discussion post a while back and I forgot to post it here.  Go check out How Do You Deal with Racism in Classic Novels?
  
Have you signed up for these bookish events: 


Write On Review-a-Thonhttp://seasonsreading.blogspot.com/2014/07/high-summer-read-thon-time-to-sign-up.htmlhttp://www.shaelit.com/2014/06/rereadathon-shelf-sweeper-2014/
 http://www.bloggiesta.com/ 
So what is going on this Sunday for you and your bookish life?  Anything interesting and fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment