As if high school isn’t hard enough, try being Bailey Wasserman. Try being the new girl in town, navigating a touchy relationship with your flighty mom’s rich new husband in a brand new town he’s just moved you to. Add to that finding out that your father, a semi-pro surfer who’s just mysteriously re-entered your life after nearly fifteen years of silence, is half sea-creature and you’re about to inherit that particular gene on your sixteenth birthday which is only a few days away, all after you just met the cutest surfer boy you’ve ever seen in your life.Bailey feels she and her mom have always met life’s challenges as a team of two, more like best friends than mother and daughter. But her mom’s recent marriage has changed all that. Having her little brother Landry is all Bailey can find good about that union. The move to wealthy Del Mar from their humble beginnings has turned Bailey sour, until a chance meeting of surf hottie Jack West changes all that. Then, when her father reenters her life, with his annoying Zen-surfer lingo and a talking turtle he claims is her spirit guardian, no less, he threatens the only relationship Bailey thinks is working in her world. She soon finds out that’s not all his arrival will do. His presence and their shared family trait could ultimately force Bailey to make a decision that will alter the course of her own life and those she loves…..forever.
· Teenaged girl about to turn sixteen
· Not as angsty as most, but clever and introverted
· Unsure of her place not only in the world, but in her own family
· Never been kissed
· Cute, rugged, surfer boy
· All the girls dream of him, but he doesn’t realize it or care
· Spun on Bailey from the moment he sees her
· Single parent and poor for so many years, she is overjoyed to have found a rich, stable husband
· Delighted to be a mother again with her second husband
· Harboring a secret about her daughter, and distraught when she finds out before she gets the nerve to tell her
· Still loves Bailey’s real father, even after all these years
· Happy to be married, but unsure how to be a parent to a daughter that isn’t his
· Loves his new family, but doesn’t know how to be in one
· Struggling to find common ground with his new stepdaughter
· Also harboring a secret, but of a different kind
Landry Meyers – undiscovered kid talent
· Bailey’s little brother and the love of her life, aside from new boyfriend Jack
· Blindly loves his sister to death, no matter what she might be
· Bailey’s real father and Bailey’s mother’s first love
· Retired pro-surfer after his own secret forces him to stop the sport he loves
· Loves his daughter and hopes she understands that’s the reason he left her and her mother
About Samantha CombsSamantha Combs is a young adult/middle grade author living in Southern California. The author of six books, three are young adult paranormal romances, Spellbound, Everspell, and Ghostly, a middle grade horror novel, The Detention Demon, two adult horror collections, Teeth and Talons, and Way Past Midnight, and a new standalone YA paranormal, entitled Waterdancer, which you should look for in Sept. 2012. Samantha hopes to complete and release two other books currently in progress. 2012 looks amazing!
Check out all 6 of my books!
Coming in September from Musa Publishing: WATERDANCER, a new YA paranormal
CONNECT WITH ME!