My Little Pocketbooks: Passion & Prose Conference 2012   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Passion & Prose Conference 2012

On February 25, I attended my first and the first Passion and Prose Conference.  I had a wonderful time!! There were so many authors there that I just waned to sit and chilax with.  Here are a few pictures.  And more to come later.
Left: Meg Cabot signing books  Top:  Beth Revis with my signed copy of Across the Universe  Right: Me and Zuri Day with my signed coy of Lovin' Blue  Bottom:  Gale Carriger with my signed copy of Soulless. 
The day started with Gale Carriger talking about her former carrier as an archeologist and by the way she is a very cute, vintage, funny woman.  She also talked about her writing process as the salads were being served.  During the conference we dinned with two authors at our table.  OOh and Meg Cabot was the Speaker.  The Meg Cabot!!!  I sat with author Anne Randol who writes Historial Romance Novels ("A Secret in Her Kiss") and is working a YA book about Ninjas.  How cool is that?  I would be interested in seeing how that one turns out.  At my table #14 was the most prolific writer at the conference.  Check out this bio.

Kathleen Creighton
Kathleen Creighton is the award-winning author of nearly 50 romance novels, published by Bantam, Harlequin, Silhouette, and St. Martin’s Press, and translated into a dozen different languages. One of her books, "A Christmas Love," was the basis for a made-for-TV movie. She is a five-time winner of RWA’s RITA award, and a 2009 inductee into the Romance Writers’ Hall of Fame. Romantic Times Publishing Group has named her "Best New Romantic Author," among other honors. After spending 18 years in South Carolina and following the death of her husband, this California native recently moved back to the Kern River Valley, where her roots run deep. She has been at work on a new series, called "The Scandals of Sierra Malone." The second book in the series, "The Pretender," will be a February 2012 release for Harlequin Romantic Suspense.  www.kathleencreighton.com
I loved the feeling of the overall friendship of a group of women who never ever meet each other.  It was a great sisterhood of book hoarders.  I was soo at home.  lol!  I also meet another book club called "Sista's Thoughts from Coast to Coast" and Mandy blogger of The Romance Bookie.   It was such a GREAT! day that ended with me spending too much money and eating sundaes with two gift bag full of books and swag on my arm.  LOL!!  What could be better?  Yes, there was chocolate too!
By the way my Tuesday post will have the list of goods from the conference.  I can't wait till the next one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment